This has been such a great week in my nail polish world. My little blog has been nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award and now Miska at Lacquer or Leave Her has nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Mishka expressed her self perfectly and echoed my feelings of what a fabulous experience my entry into the 'nail world' has been, so of course I'm going to get all sappy over her blog post and copy her on this one :-).
All of the ladies and gents on the Purple Fairy Crumpet Challenge, where I first started doing nail art, have been so kind and supportive. I've become involved in the Adventures in Stamping, and now Polish-o-rama groups on Facebook since then and continue to find the same lovely people, along with new polish friends, to share our fascination of polish and nail art.
It doesn't matter what level you are or how long you've been doing it, you're welcomed with open polished nails for positive camaraderie, help with just about every polish/nail art question or problem you might have, and encouragement.
Ok, Ok, I'm done! On with questions answered and given to the other bloggers.
The rules are as following:1. Each person tagged must post 11 things
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has
set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have
decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200
followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be
6. There's no tag backs.
These were the questions that were posed to the nominees.
Here are the questions I have for the bloggers I've selected (many stolen
from Dina and Becky!):
1) What is your favorite polish? Right now, China Glaze.
2) What is
your favorite movie or book, and why?
Lately it's been Harry Potter. It sounds a bit juvenile, but I really like how his character changes, how he's always faced with tough choices and realizes that it would be much easier to just give in - yet he continues to struggle in what he believes is the right thing.
3) What is your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate or a While Chocolate Blackberry mocha with an extra shot of espresso.
What is your favorite manicure, and why? Link please. :)
So far its the July 3rd Euro Football for Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge - I was really pleased with my free hand. http://xarisc.blogspot.com/2012/07/pcfc-july-3rd-euro-2012-football.html
5) Pick one word to
describe yourself. Loyal (to a fault)
6) List 5 things within arm's reach of where you
My phone, my water, my orchid, my nail polish, paper towels,
7) Who is your favorite artist, and why? (not nail artist, but painter,
Renoir - I love his paintings. He took such every day scenes and make them so expressive, and bold. I love the people in his paintings, especially the women, how robust and regular looking they are - yet me makes them so enchanting and sexy.
8) What should you be doing now, instead of blogging? Dishes, UGH!
Indoor or outdoor person? Winter, outdoor, summer indoor where it's cool.
10) Name one thing you have or would have on your
Go back to Australia to visit my family
11) List 3 things that make you happy, other than nail
Cake decorating, reading, running/cycling.
Here are the bloggers that I have nominated for the Liebster Award. Congratulations!
Here are my questions for you, and I too am stealing some questions. :-)
1) What got you started in your nail art/polish life?
2) List 3 things other than polish that make you happy?
3) What is your favorite food?
4) Where is the one place you would like to visit?
5) What is your favorite holiday?
6) If you could meet anyone, past or present, who would it be and why?
7) What was the best memory you had as a child?
8) What is your favorite mani? (Link)
9) What is your favorite color?
10) What's the best/worst advice you've ever taken?
11) What is the one word you would use to describe yourself?